Smothered Potatoes and Sausage | SundaySupper RecipeSally Beauty
Smothered Potatoes and Sausage | SundaySupper Recipe, Take some delightful smoked hot-dog, a cluster of potatoes, a liberal aiding of meagerly cut onions and cook them all down till the potatoes are very nearly disintegrating and the onions basically vanish. Include a couple of peas for shading and you have covered potatoes and frankfurter, one of the most effortless skillet dinners your entire family will love.
Smothered Potatoes and Sausage | SundaySupper Recipe
When I was growing up, this dish showed up on our family supper table with awesome normality. It was easy to the point that my sister and I could even make it all alone. At the point when our mom backpedaled to work, both of us alternated cooking supper every night.
I’m not talking gourmet dinners. We ate a considerable measure of Hamburger Helper. Furthermore, Tuna Helper. We were entirely great at spaghetti sauce as well and even figured out how to cover round steak with onions. In any case, covered potatoes and wiener was my undisputed top choice.
We utilized either red potatoes, which didn’t require peeling or bigger potatoes that did. In any case, the best part was crushing the potatoes into delightful juices at the base of the skillet and attempting to ensure the nibbles of wiener turned out even with the chomps of potato in my bowl. So great!
Obviously, when I had my very own group, I kept making this awesome dish yet I began including the peas for shading. Furthermore, in light of the fact that we cherish peas. Did you realize that the normal British individual just eats around 9,000 peas for every year? No thought what number of the normal American eats however we figure it’s far underneath the British normal. We have made it an individual family objective to attempt and up the numbers, tossing peas in everything from pasta carbonate to meat stew. I recommend you do likewise.
Smothered Potatoes and Sausage Instruction
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 45 mins
- 1 lb 8 oz or 675g smoked sausage, cut in short lengths
- Olive oil
- 2.2 lbs or 1 kg potatoes, whole small ones or peeled, quartered larger ones
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- Fresh ground black pepper or crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- ⅔ cup or 100g frozen garden peas (We like the little ones called petits pois.)
- Put your sausage pieces with a good drizzle of olive oil in a skillet large enough to eventually hold all of your ingredients. You will need a skillet with a good fitting lid.
- Heat over a medium flame and cook for a few minutes until the sausage starts to brown and caramelize.
- Add in the potatoes with a cup or 240ml water. Stir to mix any tasty sticky bits from the pot into the water.
- Pile the sliced onions on the top and close the lid. Turn the flame down to medium low and cook for about 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Check from time to time and add more water, if necessary. If you are using peeled cut potatoes, they will probably take a shorter time to cook and will need more water, as they soak up what’s in there.
- When the potatoes are tender, add in the peas. Cover and cook for a few more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper but keep in mind that smoked sausage can be salty so do check before just adding both.